The HumanGuide Concepts for Leaders?
The picture shows Rolf Kenmo, management consultant and the inventor of the HumanGuide concepts, at a signpost in the Rondane Mountains, Norway. He has in many ways had great use of the HumanGuide concepts, when he has been a leader, e.g. to staff, start and handle teams, to coach different persons, to handle conflicts, etc.
The demands on leaders increase all the time, but some tasks are eternal, e.g.
- How to coach a particular person in a good way? There are few general prescriptions that work for everybody, because all human beings are different. Therefore it is crucial to understand how people differ. The more accurate you are in your understanding, the better you can coach.
- How to handle the conflict between X and Y?
- How can I figure out the best matching for this task?
- How is a suitable development for me?
- How to create good teams and then support them in a good way?
- How should we succeed with our recruitment?
If you are a leader, then you can look upon the HumanGuide concepts as a toolbox with many possibilities, e.g. coaching, staffing/recruitment, handling conflicts, etc.
If you are a leader and wish to have the HumanGuide concepts as a part of your toolbox, then it is best to start with doing a PersonProfile via the internet, which takes about 15 minutes. The next step is to fine tune the result with an authorized "humanguide”, which takes about one hour depending on the objective.
Then you can as a leader continue with a coaching program with your humanguide. There are many versions of a coaching program depending on objectives and conditions. If you are interested, then contact an authorized humanguide or us at Humankonsult AB -- look at the foot of the page.
A strong argument for HumanGuide is that the underlying personality theory consists of eight dimensions. Then you get a more nuanced testresult and sharper analysis. Compare with MBTI, where you "be" one of 16 types. The popular DISC model (and similar) has only four dimensions. And the BigFive model has only five basic dimensions.
Another version is to participate in a program for leader development, where HumanGuide is a part. Our "basic module" can be carried out in about 2 hours. Then you
- learn about the personality theory Eight Boxes, which is the core of the HumanGuide concepts
- increase your self-knowledge based on the Eight Boxes, which facilitates personal development
- are better able to coach and support other people to identify their best focus for success
- are better able to cooperate with other people – especially with those who are not like you at all
- are better able to understand conflicts and how they can be handled
To summerize – How can personality knowledge support leadership development? In many ways e.g.
- to understand how to coach people in a good way
- to recruit well
- to create good teams and support them in a good way
- to handle conflicts in a constructive way
The overall result is that you get leaders, who learn to be a leader in harmony with their personality, i.e. to be one's self in an advantageously way. Moreover, they learn to use a very broad and practical toolbox as a support for their leadership.
”Rolf Kenmo has adapted Szondi’s theory to everyday life. It is a great idea of conveying the theory to a broad use. That is an essential asset for making the test results immediately accepted and it works in any culture. We use HumanGuide in recruiting and team development for an internationally operating company.”
Thomas Seiler, CEO, U-blox AG, Switzerland (2003)
”The theory is explained very pedagogically in the HumanGuide concepts and it is a good support for my clients (since 2002), in vocational guidance and in coaching. HumanGuide supports well in working life as well as in private life.”
Giselle Welter, psychologist, spec. in vocational guidance, RH99, Sao Paulo, Brazil (2000)
"Personality has always been a debatable topic throughout research and countless psychometric tests available for use. However none of these tests have the HumanGuide approach, which is practical, simple, easy to use and accurate to act upon. Supported by extensive research, HumanGuide takes in consideration eight factors, using the psychology of colours and symbols for meaningful comprehension.
The HumanGuide test does not stand alone, it goes beyond any other test. It provides unique opportunities to measure further person chemistry, passion index, job and culture profiles...It has all what an organisation needs to overcome today's more than ever complex human resources challenges.
HumanGuide has considerably improved my personal and professional life and I always appreciate our collaboration with Rolf Kenmo."
George Ubbelohde, hospitatlity Industry Executive and Educator, Shanghai (2020)
”The tests are simple and easy to use. The availability via the internet make them excellent. I have had great use of the concepts for recruitment, development of individuals and teams.”
Sven-Erik Ringström; VD WM-data IT Support AB, now CGI AB; (2003)
"I've been using the HumanGuide since 2012, with excellent results! It has been an assessment tool much requested by my organizational clients."
Adriana Torres Guedes, psychologist, Brazil (2020-02-10)
”Rolf's coaching clearly gave me more self-knowledge and it was valuable to get it confirmed. The idea of having a life vision was very good– now it is easier to be on track and also to say no. Many smart tips. Last, but not least, good to have to report to someone about my progress, i.e. actions was done.)”